Monday, August 06, 2007

Bobby Bare trivia

In the spirit of Ken's rock-and-roll and country-western trivia games, I thought I'd whomp one up in honor of one of the great underrated talents in the goatropin' world. Leave your answers in the comments:

1. If a burger and coffee are 85 cents, and the hippie's only got 23, what time is it, what day is it, and where are you at? (I posted this in Ken's comments, too, but it's unanswered so far.)

2. I got no brains, I got no sense, and I never had no class. Where am I going, and what will I be when I get there?

3. What should the Lord do with all those departed dear loved ones of mine? [Thornharp: Stick 'em up front in the offensive line.]

4. I'm almost out of cigarettes. Where is Margie?

5. If you don't stay with Marie for the rest of your life, what'll it be?

6. You see these nice white pearly teeth? You know they ain't my own. What happened to mine?

7. What did John Wayne once say to me? (This wasn't just Bare, but three other guys with him. Extra points if you know who they are.)

8. Hey, Sheriff, thank you for stopping and being concerned about... what?

9. What was above the door of the cabin in Hickory Holler? [Ken: Above the door there burned a scarlet lamp (at the end of a deep and wide path).]

10. If she left on that 5:09, what time zone are you in?

No comments: