Friday, September 12, 2008

Any time now

I may already be a winner grandpa. Wharf Rat went in to be induced this morning, and so far there's no word. I don't have any rational reason to worry, but I am anyway. She's down in Oregon somewhere between Portland and Salem, and I can't be there, so I'm nervous. St. Anne, grandmother of Our Lord, protectress of women in labor and WR's own patron, pray for her.

More information will follow as it comes in.

Update: The phone rang literally as I clicked the "Post" button. It's all over with. (Or just beginning, depending on how you look at it.) Mama and baby are doing well if wearily. They ended up doing a C-section because of worries about the cord, so WR is about to discover the joys of painkillers. I don't think she's ever had to take them before.

Official stats because the ladies will ask: Loki Brian was born at 2:45 at Willamette Falls Hospital in Oregon City. He is 8 pounds 9 ounces, 21 inches. No picture yet, as the parents have much more pressing matters on their minds.

(And incidentally, Brian is my middle name. I'm humbled and proud.)

No comments: