Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday Night Miscellany

As I'm trying to ignore the kids clamoring in the next room. Meanwhile, Wharf Rat sent Christina a picture of the new grandchild. I don't care what anyone says; I think he looks like his grandpa.


A thought came to mind the other day: My grandparents are still alive, pushing ninety. In particular, my grandfather has lived long enough to see his first great-great-grandson. His great-grandfather, the man who is the same relation that to Grandpa that he is to Loki, was a boy of six when he watched his father march away to the American Revolution. It's a little staggering to think of.

I don't know how to embed a music player, but here's something for my Reverend Auntie and anyone else who might be interested. You'll have to right-click, download, and play it on your own computer. It's a song I used to hear my mom sing as a child, so it must have come from one of her parents. (Update: Found a player. Let's see how this one works.)





And a soundie by the same band, courtesy of High-Falutin'Newton:




Happy weekend, y'all!

No comments: