Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Finally in the loop

I've finally entered the blogosphere. My lovely and brilliant wife got hers at Confessions of a Hot Carmel Sundae about a year and a half ago, and I've been basking in her reflected glory ever since. Now it's my turn.

Just in case anybody cares, the name "On the Other Foot" comes from a monthly Catholic-oriented column I did for a while in a local Christian magazine. The fellow who was editing it at the time was a little reluctant to let a Catholic contribute, not out of his own prejudice, but concern for other contributors' (including various Protestant pastors in the community). Since I was doing the layout on it, for the newspaper I work for, I had a little leverage and got it in anyway. I don't think all that many people read it, but I sure had a good time writing it. And not one pastor (or reader, for that matter) had a problem with my being in such august company.

The term "Left-footer" is British slang for a Roman Catholic. I was raised Baptist, and became Catholic in 1999. It's still the same world, and the same Christianity, but now I see it from a different angle, from the other foot.

No comments: