Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Quickie prayer request

I just got a phone message at home from a place I sent a resume to, and I'll be going home at lunchtime to return the call. I never expected to hear from this office, and it's remotely possible it could involve a serious career improvement. It's a long shot, but then, with God there are no long shots. I'd be grateful for prayer if anybody sees this.

Update: I'm still playing phone tag. I'm sorry for being vague, but I'd just as soon not go into details. Honestly, I figured what I had applied for was a pipe dream.

And I haven't failed to notice that the people who jumped in with offers to pray are ones who, I gather, don't make a habit of prayer. So especially from you, that means a lot. Thanks, guys.

Updated Update (Thursday morning): Spoke briefly with the chap, and he's going to call me back this afternoon and set up an interview. I actually sent the resume in for something a bit different from what I'm hoping to get, but if I can impress him, I may have a whole new career ahead of me, one I've wanted to get into for years. (And one that pays enough to support a family on.)

No comments: