Friday, September 30, 2005

A good idea?

Yeah, I think so.
Ten couples tied the knot in a group wedding billed as "Marry Your Baby Daddy Day.''

Each of the couples who married at the House of the Lord Church had been living together for years and had children together.

"The older I get, I see getting married as the way to go,'' said Garfield James, 34, who married Millicent Ellis, 35. "I want to raise my kids the right way.''

I hope this sparks a trend. I have no disrespect for single parents; I did it for years. But it's not the way things are supposed to work. Single-parent households have been almost a default position in our society for entirely too long.

I wonder, though, why they didn't say "your baby's daddy." Would have made more sense. Or is there a meaning to "baby daddy" I don't know?

No comments: