Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Albinos and paintings and grails, oh my!

I see everybody with Internet access has had something to say about The Da Vinci Code. I don't think I can add much to it. However, Doug at IllumiNations has had some good things to say on the subject. And this is probably the funniest commentary I've seen about it.

Scaryduck found himself fed up with the hype while sitting on a bus, and took action:
I did a bad good thing last week.

A young lady got on the tube at Charing Cross, and sat across the aisle from me. Sadly, she whipped out a copy of The Da Vinci Code from her handbag, going down in my estimation considerably.

Early doors, she was only on page thirty or so, which meant I had every chance of weaning her off this badly-written tripe before it was too late. So, getting off at Paddington, I told her the five words that should ultimately do the trick, and save her several wasted days having her brain DanBrown-washed...

"The Grail's in The Louvre."



Oh, and don't forget to check out The Norman Rockwell Code. Wonderful!

No comments: