Wednesday, June 28, 2006

"Does this crown of thorns make me look fat?"

Priceless! Episcopal priestess by day, Victorian novelist by night. And honestly, I find her alter ego more believable than her altar ego.
Thus far, four days into the legislative session, we’ve been so polite. So veddy Episcopalian. So erudite and cultured and above-it-all. Very meet, right and oh, so proper.

But, the signs are all there. The explosion is about to happen. It’s like walking around and feeling the earth tremble before the earthquake strikes or the volcano erupts.


Tremble, as an explosive story of volcanic passion shakes the screen!

Emotions are running very high on all sides. At the Integrity Eucharist tonight, Gene Robinson gave a humdinger of a sermon. He could barely finish it, so chocked as he was on his tears.

A man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief, I perceive.

We were all sobbing with him – that entire church knew and understood his story, his pain – the love he has of God and Jesus and his absolute trust in the chaos of the Holy Spirit to do a new thing – all of which was his answer to the question he is most frequently asked: How can you do this? How can you do this with such grace and calm assurance?

Oh, truly, it is the voice of a god, and not of a man!

I came home after the Eucharist. I couldn’t go to the festivities afterward. I started off ready to attend, but I found myself walking the 9 blocks home to my hotel.
No, common diversions are not for such a sensitive soul as I...

Put down your beverage and go read the whole thing.

No comments: