Wednesday, October 24, 2007

She'd kill me



Although my Lovely and Brilliant Wife will be having a caesarian anyway, courtesy of our last (ten-and-a-half-pound breech) baby. I suppose there are people who would want to film it – in fact, there must be, as she was watching one on the Discovery Channel the other night – but it's a lot less likely than a normal birth.

I really don't understand why on earth anyone would want to aim a video camera at the business end while a childbirth is going on anyway. It's not one of those cuddly family moments you really want to include in your Christmas cards. More than anything, I think this cartoon kind of exemplifies the culture of crassness that has evolved around the Internet, the assumption that no matter what you're doing, somebody, somewhere, actually wants to see it.

No comments: