Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Egad!

I haven't blogged in almost three weeks! Where does the time go?

Actually, it has not gone idly by. (Then again, with six kids, one of them a toddler, nothing goes idly by.) Lots of stuff going on in the family these days, which will probably bore the bejabbers out of y'all. Nobody in my family reads this blog except my Lovely and Brilliant Wife, and I don't think anybody who does read it knows my family personally (assuming I haven't lost all my readers in the intervening weeks). Nevertheless, the news:

My little sister is coming back from Pittsburgh tomorrow after about ten years, with a husband and an adorable litle girl to show for her time back east. Well, she's got a lot more than that. She also apparently has a renewed faith to show for it, and her husband was baptized not too long ago as well. She doesn't tell me these things, but I get the impression that she had a lot of issues to work out with God, and it's good to see them on the same page, as it were. I've forgotten what it's like to share a time zone with her, and I've actually missed her, which I wouldn't have laid odds on when we were kids. Welcome home, Small Sister!

My brother is getting married in a month. I got an invitation to his bachelor party in the mail yesterday. His friends have actually booked a set of hotel rooms in Portland for three days. I kind of wish I could be there, as it sounds like the sort of bachelor party that ends in visits to the bail bondsman. Then again, I'm getting a little old for the throw-up-in-the-street sort of weekend to sound like as much fun as it did when I was 25. My Lovely and Brilliant Wife concurs wholeheartedly.

Finally, while I'm noting milestones, I notice that my best-friend-since-childhood, Nate Hilman, is about to celebrate his tenth anniversary next month. I'm embarrassed to admit I can't remember the date, especially since I was his best man - the first and only time in my life I've worn a tuxedo. I think Nate may be the only friend I have who's actually managed a full decade. He's also, as the link at the right indicates, the Greatest Wedding Photographer in the Northwest, so he's seen a lot of marriages begin, and probably more than a few end as well. At the wedding, I said that Nate put me in mind of a Lamed-Vovnik. I still think so.

So enough dull family stuff. Look for some actual honest-to-goodness blogging in the near future.

No comments: