Thursday, October 13, 2005

I thought this was impossible

As we all know, homosexuality is innate and immutable. So what possible basis can there be for this lawsuit?
J. David Enright IV says that Father Joseph Romano sexually abused him at a Christian youth camp in the early 1960s, when he was seven years old, telling him that it was “a rite of passage”.

Were it not for the repeated assaults, which are said to have taken place behind a log cabin after evening prayers, Mr Enright, 51, is convinced that he would be straight.

“I believe that my life would be very different now. I’d probably be married, living in Greenwich with four children in boarding school,” he said.

“Romano bent my life.”

That's not all that got bent, I'll warrant. But I digress.

If, as Catholic Überblogger Mark Shea frequently reminds us, homosexuality is the zenith of all that is sublime in the human animal, then not only is Fr. Romano innocent of any wrongdoing, but he ought to be charging Enright for the service he rendered him in making him a superior being. I don't recall buggery being on the list of Corporal Acts of Mercy, but maybe I slept through that part at RCIA.

I look forward to hearing the howls of the brownshirts on this one. Which is the more temptinig enemy: the man who wishes he weren't gay, or a pervo-priest? Decisions, decisions!

No comments: