Sunday, October 07, 2007

Putting God in a box

Or on a movie screen, or in a mold, or whatever. Ricki hits so many nails on the head here that I don't even know where to begin.

Some of the things Ricki brings up here are the ones that make overtly-practicing Christians about as popular as Amway salesmen to the rest of the world. Yes, I know, Christianity isn't about being popular with the world, but is it necessary to deliberately cultivate annoying habits? If we're going to be hated for Christ's sake (and I hope at least some people do), then it should be for virtue, not for asininity.

Ricki doesn't like to get all verbose about her faith, so she doesn't post like this very often. Which is exactly in keeping with the post's attitude. I wish I were good about living Christianity without speaking, in a St. Francis "if necessary use words" sort of way.

No comments: