Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Are you freakin' kidding me?

She was turned down why?
A former Hooters girl who says she's got the right assets - but the wrong accent - is suing the Hawaiian Tropic Zone for crushing her dream of working as one of its bikini-clad beauties.

Melody Morales said she was rejected for a job by a manager at the Times Square restaurant who griped, "You don't speak white" and, "You are ghetto."

The 21-year-old Latina lovely is the latest woman to file suit over alleged shenanigans at the Hawaiian Tropic Zone, where employees in skimpy beachwear parade nightly before diners.

"Not to brag, but I look good in a bikini," Morales said yesterday. "I could have done a perfect job there."

The lawsuit says Morales went with her mother to the restaurant in March 2008 in search of a job. But the suit claims she was told to get lost by a manager, who said, "I am not going to ruin my business with your Latin accent."

No comment from the manager's seeing-eye dog. Does he really think the patrons are there to marvel at her diction? Heck, for all I care, she could be speaking Klingon while she mixes up my martinis.

No comments: