Saturday, January 24, 2009

There's a right way and a wrong way to lose an election

I'm a little embarrassed by some of my fellow conservatives' response to the inauguration. I'm not going to link them, but let me say that cheap shots at the First Lady are ungentlemanly and (I think) disrespectful of America. The First Lady is the symbol of American womanhood, and like it or not, Michelle Obama is currently filling that role. I hope she does it graciously, without any connection to politics.

That said, I'm proud that at least nobody did this:



This was the day George W. Bush was inaugurated, for heaven's sake, before he'd even had a chance to be president yet. I'm ashamed to share a country with these yahoos. We may have posted snarky things online, but at least nobody egged President Obama.

No comments: