Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I'm impressed...

Thwe Spokesman-Review allowed Jim West to speak for himself, and even put it in among the stories that don't require a paid subscription. Up to now, only those stories and letters most damaging to West have been allowed, particularly online.

And he's cheesed:
With over 92 articles, hundreds of column inches, thousands of words, several editorials and screaming headlines by The Spokesman-Review, people have a hard time remembering this simple fact: In our system a person is innocent until proven guilty.

The Spokesman-Review is not the judge or the jury, and its accusations are false.

I did not molest anyone, 25 years ago or ever, and I have not misused my official office for personal gain. I am certain the investigations now being conducted will show that I have done nothing that makes me unfit for public office...
I wish I could write that there is not a shred of truth to the things that have been written about me in The Spokesman-Review. The problem is, there is a shred of truth, and The Spokesman-Review has shredded it into a hundred small pieces and rearranged it to fit its agenda and theories.

Of course, there's no mention of any connection to the parking garage scandal. You can't expect the S-R to be too honest.

Read the whole thing here. If you follow Washington politics, you need to hear West's side of the story, however little the S-R, the Kleptocrats and the Gay Brownshirts may want it told.

No comments: