Friday, June 24, 2005

One down, two to go!

For some time, I've been watching three Protestants in the Christian Blogosphere that I was pretty sure would become Catholic eventually. I haven't discussed that with anybody (except my Lovely and Brilliant Wife), and I certainly haven't been trying to evangelize any of them. I just figured, from things they had said, that the Lord was steering them toward Rome.

The other day, Dawn Eden casually let it slip in a comment window that she would be starting RCIA in the fall. (Or as I call it, PIT – Papists in Training.) Dawn was the first, and the one I was most sure about. I suppose it had something to do with her passionate pro-life stance, and her strong belief in sexual morality. (Let's face it: this is where Catholics really shine in western Christendom. Kind of makes up for our allowing David Haas and Ed Bolduc to write our music.) I think there may have been other reasons; I'm waiting to hear them (although I have my suspicions).

And no, I won't tell you who the other two are, until and unless it actually happens. The Lord has his own timing.

I told Dawn the same thing I had said to my oldest daughter, when she was baptized Catholic at the age of eleven: "Congratulations! The Ku Klux Klan wants you dead, your Seventh-day Adventist friends now believe you're the whore of Babylon, and you've just joined the oldest and biggest church in the world."

Welcoome home, Petite (Papist-Pending) Powerhouse! Let me know when you've done the Rite of Election, so I can move your link under "Papes."

No comments: