Friday, May 18, 2007

Dad takes boy to Disney World to kill him

No, not really. That's just what the boy's mom told him.
"I was injured on the job once, and as part of the settlement I came into a modest sum of money, which I used to buy my son's Christmas gifts one year, as well as purchase a (non-refundable) trip to Disney World. When I told my son of this, he was ecstatic, and I'm told he let everyone he knew know we were going.

"On the day I went to pick him up for our trip, he suddenly didn't want to go, and with him being about 10 years old, I thought maybe he felt he was too old for such a trip, and so cancelled the trip (again non-refundable).

"After Christmas, and before the new year, I called and asked my son if he was enjoying the new toys I bought him, and to my shock and amazement, found out his mother had sold them because, 'We don't have room.' Of course he didn't receive the pennies on a dollar she got for them. I was very upset by this, but knew there was little I could do about it, so again, I let the subject drop.

"Early after the new year his mother was remarried (and divorced within the year), and in the spring they took my son to Disney World. Upon his return my son was enthusiastically retelling the trip when I asked him why he didn't go with me.

"To this day I can still hear the words, 'Because mom said you were going to take me there to kill me.'

But of course, there's no such thing as parental alienation, is there?

A/T to Parental Alienation and other such things for both this and the one below.

No comments: