Monday, February 11, 2008

God comes through in the crunch again

I spoke to the mortgage people today, and they're just fine with taking my tax refund when it comes in. Meanwhile, between my next paycheck, the donations we've received, and a chunk I found out I can take out of my 401(k), it looks like we'll even be able to avoid bankruptcy.

This is phenomenal. Three days ago we were sure we were going to lose everything and be unable to find a place to live. Now we'll be out of debt altogether by the end of the month, and without stiffing anybody. If the night job comes through (or I hear back on a couple of better-paid ones I've applied for), we'll be able to get ahead and once again sit under our vine and our fig tree. And none shall make us afraid.

I can't believe the responses we've gotten to the last couple of posts. The prayers, the donations... You people are incredible. I'm just plumb floored. I hope someday I can meet each of you in person and thank you for your help during this time. One of the best parts of being solvent will be having the opportunity to pay this forward when someone else gets in a jam.

God is generous. And His people are, too. Thank you all.

No comments: