Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Back to Edenfalls

I gotta ask... does anyone else follow the TV show The Riches? We started watching it when it premiered last year, and got hooked. And I do mean hooked. It's the first time (don't laugh)...

... that I got so involved in a TV show (I mean it!)...

...that I've actually caught myself praying for the characters before I remembered they were fictional.

(Stop that guffawing at once!)

I've always thought Minnie Driver was a hugely underrated talent, but this show proves it beyond a doubt. It's also kind of weird to see Eddie Izzard in pants, let alone with a mostly believable hillbilly accent. (It slips a little from time to time. Minnie Driver's is perfect, natch.) I've seen lots of American actors who couldn't have pulled off the roles just for the accent alone.

So is anyone else as enamored of this family of reprobates as I am?

No comments: