Monday, January 16, 2006

I was there in the 80s! I was!


I only got 74.3 percent on this, which is kind of sad. For heaven's sake, I remember most of these songs from my teenage years. And I wasn't stoned through the decade, either.

I though this was particularly unfair:
Your generation stuck mine with a motherload of cultural horrors (bradys! disco! plaid! roller skating!). -30% for being a yuppie.

I was a child in the 70s! What's more, I was in one of those pockets of America that missed out on disco and roller skating. The Dukes of Hazzard and Little House on the Prairie were a lot closer to my experience. Of course, by the time high school rolled around, I was living in the suburbs of Seattle and experiencing real pop culture for the first time. (And the last; I gave up on it in about 1988 and shifted gears abruptly into geezerhood.)

Okay, all you grown-up Breakfast Clubbers. Let's see if you can do any better!

No comments: