Thursday, February 22, 2007

Cough, hack

Sorry for the light posting lately. The whole house has had the flu except me, whch meanns I've been spending my nights dodging baby barf. Now that the lot of them have recovered (more or less), I've got a bit of it myself. Alas, this is also the Week of the Unmissable Deadline, which means that if I don't have my publication to the press before I go home, the earth will grind to a halt in its orbit and life as we know it will cease to be. Add to that a few coworkers who live serene in the knowledge that their failure to plan ahead is, in fact, tantamount to an emergency on my part, and it all adds up to the sort of week that would make St. Francis kick puppies.

Which leads me to this quote I had to share, from the earlier-mentioned Overheard in the Office:
Lady: You think wearing the skin of a dead cow is cool or something? You're promoting murder by wearing that.
Leather jacket guy: I don't wear this because I like leather. I wear this because I hate cows. My father was gored to death by a bull. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to Burger King.

No comments: