Monday, May 14, 2007

Boys willl be... loathesome

When I was in school, a bunch of guys I knew got the keys to Goldendale High School, opened the big double doors in the middle of the night, drove a Fiat inside, and took pictures in front of the library. The administration never knew about it until the pictures surfaced in the yearbook. (One of the guys was the principal's son, which explains how they got the keys.)

My dad, when he was a teenager, went out with some of his buddies to a disliked teacher's house late at night, picked up her Volkswagen, and lifted it onto her porch. To his dying day, Dad denied that he'd been in on that, but my aunt confirms that he was.

Still, I don't think either of those is in the same league with stuffing a rotting calf carcass into the ventilation system of your school. There's funny, and there's smart-assed, and then there's just plain revolting. Even teenage boys should know the difference.

No comments: