Thursday, September 27, 2007

What Mark said

I can't possibly improve on Mark Shea's commentary, so I'll just quote it in its entirety:
What a Relief!

I am *so* glad Joni Mitchell has finally broken the terrible silence among our entertainment elite and penned a song that criticizes the Catholic Church.
“Shine on the Catholic Church/And the prisons that it owns”, she sings. Yes, all those prisons! Big huge Catholic prisons. We've got one in the basement of our parish!

Oh wait! That's the soup kitchen we've been running for Seattle's homeless for 30 years. Well, then there's that horrible dungeon downtown.... No, that's a hospital. How about the jails called Oxford and Cambridge? The prison of the confessional? No. I've found more freedom there than anybody can ever know.

Well, at any rate, I'm sure she knows what she's talking about. Because only an Incredibly Brave Artist would kick and insult a bunch of people whose creed bids them turn the other cheek.

No comments: