Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Memo to parents:

The kids belong to the state, not to you.

There are so many things about this whole case that stink like a waterfront brothel the day after payday that I don't even know where to begin. As much as I loathe the FLDS, I don't think a whole lot more of CPS. I'd rather see children looked after by religious psychos who love them than state professionals who simply want to file their cases.

I'd be very, very interested in knowing some of the financial details of this operation. If CPS is going to be getting money to deal with this huge kid seizure, I'd like to know how much and whether they knew about it before the alleged phone call came. My prediction is that the girl who made the initial call will never be found, any criminal charges that are filed will be sporadic and serendipitous, and the vast majority of the parents will never hear from their kids again. Because when you deal with CPS, you're guilty even if proven innocent, simply because you have kids that the agency can get grants for taking away.

This stuck out at me like a bee-stung nose:
ELDORADO, Texas (AP) — State officials Tuesday defended their decision to suddenly separate mothers from many of the children taken in a raid on a polygamist ranch in West Texas.
Texas Children's Protective Services spokeswoman Marleigh Meisner said the separation was made Monday after they decided that children are more truthful in interviews about possible abuse if their parents are not around.

Where have we heard that before?

No comments: