Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Just a quick note

I can't stick around at the desk long, but I just had to say, "You go, Jimmy!"
Former President Jimmy Carter yesterday condemned all abortions and chastised his party for its intolerance of candidates and nominees who oppose abortion.
"I never have felt that any abortion should be committed -- I think each abortion is the result of a series of errors," he told reporters over breakfast at the Ritz-CarltonHotel, while across town Senate Democrats deliberated whether to filibuster the nomination of Judge Samuel A. Alito Jr. because he may share President Bush and Mr. Carter's abhorrence of abortion.

I've always said that Jimmy Carter was a good and decent man (which is a lousy combination for a president), and I never understood why he didn't take this stand long ago. A little late, but still a very welcome vindication of my faith in the man.

A/T to Mark Shea.

No comments: