Tuesday, November 22, 2005

This is more frightening than funny



My first instinct was to laugh at the lengths to which the animal-rights nutjobs will go. But in looking over the whole thing (warning: evil pdf format!), it's even worse than I thought. It's not just that they want to stop people from eating fish; it's that they'ree willing to mess with children's minds this way to achieve that.

There's a word for this tactic; it's called parental alienation. It's a favorite strategy of divorced parents, who try to convince their children that they should hate or fear the other parent, to cement the children's loyalty to themselves. I've had it done to my kids, and it's despicable.

If PETA wants to propagandize against fishing, more power to 'em. Won't hurt my feelings any, as I sit down to a nice plate of trout. But convincing my kids that I'm a monster should be outside the pale.

A tip of the fishing hat to the Godfather of St. Blog's.

No comments: