Monday, October 10, 2005

Halloween brings out the most horrifying creativity

Check out The Good, the Bad and the Ugly of Halloween costumes at Miss Cellania. Be sure to follow the links; there's some amazing stuff there. My favorite was the Retired Hooter Girls. (I'm not going to post the picture here.) I really, really hope those things are fake. Warning: Some of these are best not viewed at work!

One of the few good memories I have with my ex was a Halloween party where we had planned to be Popeye and Olive Oyl. (This sounds pretty tame, until you remember that I'm six-foot-three and scrawny as a rail. So which of us was to be whom?) Alas, we couldn't find the elements of the costumes, so we ended up dressing all in beige and going as pasta. I was spaghetti, she was manicotti. My father (whose build is like mine) did one better years ago, dressing all in brown, walking around in a curly posture, and passing himself off as a pubic hair. I've only heard about that one; I wish I could have seen it.

Finally, it's not a Halloween costume, but the first year we were married, my Lovely and Brilliant Wife and I were invited to a Hawaiian-themed party. This was what we came up with. (Did I mention that besides the usual adjectives, Christina's an awfully good sport?)

No comments: