Wednesday, October 12, 2005

My worldview is 78% Biblical

So this test says, anyway. Not that I place a great deal of stock in it, as it's pretty clearly slanted to make "Biblical" agree with a specific political stance. I'm conservative politically, and as a Catholic my faith is certainly Bible-based, but I don't see that questions about the intentions of the Founding Fathers are indicative of faith in the Word. As far as I recall, they were never even mentioned in the Bible. And posting the Ten Commandments in courthouses isn't a Biblical issue, either, especially since they're usually numbered wrong on the monuments. I believe in them, but I don't care if they're part of the decor or not.

A dead giveaway on the slant: Each question is in the form of a proposition, with which you (a) strongly agree, (b) tend to agree, (c) tend to disagree, or (d) strongly disagree. When the test is completed, and the "right" answers are given, not one is either b or c. Fortunately, if your answers don't measure up, you can always take one of their Biblical Woldview courses to get them straightened out.

It was interesting, but hardly a measure of genuine Biblical faith. I'll stick with the real thing.

A/T to Prairie Girl, who, judging from her blog, is a Bible-believer by anybody's standards.

No comments: