Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Apes do read philosophy; they just don't understand it

My Lovely and Brilliant Wife suggested that title, from A Fish Called Wanda . Perfect, isn't it?

I'm no fan of Seattle, and even less of Baghdad Jim, but I have to admit his last answer here was a good one.
McDermott says Seattle is smarter, more politically astute and better read than most of the country. "Goldberg can talk about me if he wants, but don't attack my city," he said.

Goldberg responded, "It takes Seattle to create a Starbucks; that wouldn't happen in Kansas City."

"He's right," McDermott said. "He just doesn't know why."

In case you haven't checked out the article yet, McDipstick was ranked #38 among the "100 People Who Are Screwing Up America (and Al Franken Is # 37)" in a new book by Bernard Goldberg. Congressman McDirtbag is honored, he says, to be in such company. I don't think he meant to be ironic in saying that.

Another Akubra tip to Jim Romanesko, in whose company I'm honored to blog.

No comments: