Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Cthulhu loathes me, this I know...

Remember I mentioned the Cthulhu-Chick tract parody that had been taken down after Chick publications threatened to sue? I found another copy, and I'll put it here (with the bad language Photoshopped out) until somebody tells me not to. Click on the image to see it in a more legible size.


H. P. Lovecraft was to horror fiction what Wells and Verne were to sci-fi: the seminal author that all the others in the genre pay homage to every time a book rolls off the press. His Cthulhu stories in particular have become classics, inspiring all kinds of parodies and knockoffs like Campus Crusade for Cthulhu. If you've never read his stuff, you won't really get the joke, but for fans, it's hilarious deadpan.

Jimmy Akin, if you ever come in here, you need to see this. "That is not dead which can eternal lie..."

No comments: