Thursday, July 14, 2005

I wonder what the other 29% is

You Are 71% American
Most times you are proud to be an American.
Though sometimes the good ole US of A makes you cringe
Still, you know there's no place better suited to be your home.
You love your freedom and no one's going to take it away from you!



I have to admit I fudged a bit on a couple of the questions. The Lee Greenwood song was a source of goosebumps the first thousand times or so that I heard it, but now I just want to pimp-slap the next person who plays it in a public place. And the cheese question was severely lacking. How is a good northwesterner supposed to refrain from singing the praises of Tillamook cheddar? Also, I wear an Akubra instead of a Stetson (and Mexican boots!), but the quiz thankfully didn't ask about that.

And I don't care what they say, American beer – the mass-produced kind – reminds me more of hop-flavored pond water strained through the kidneys of a sick coyote. (Don't ask me how I know what that tastes like; it's not a pretty story.)

A/T to Fr. Tucker, who probably only scored so low because he's a Confederate at heart.

No comments: